When Death Occurs
Whether a death is anticipated or sudden, the loss of a loved one makes us feel emotional and overwhelmed. No amount of preparation can fully prepare you for the loss of a loved one. When you are in a heightened emotional state, even the most basic decisions can seem staggering.
It is important to contact the funeral home immediately when a death has occurred. Our staff is available to respond to your request at any hour and will provide immediate guidance and answer any of your questions. We will begin to discuss your service preferences at that time and schedule an appointment when we can meet with you and other family members to discuss the funeral arrangments in greater detail.
Items and information to have available at the time of arrangements would be:
- Social Security Number of the deceased
- Parents names, including mother's maiden name
- Cemetery deed
- Veteran's discharge papers (if applicable)
- Clothing items
- Jewelry items, rosary, eyeglasses
- Photograph of deceased
When we meet, there are many other details that will be discussed. These include:
- Scheduling the location, date and time of the visitation and funeral/memorial service
- Selecting type of disposition (burial or cremation)
- Selection of Funeral Products (casket, urn, etc.)
- Preparing obituary notice
Our staff will guide you through all of these steps, using your wants, needs and desires as a foundation to create a memorable funeral for your loved one.